Before we jumped to reasons to understand Xamarin cross-platform, it is necessary to understand the mobile app.
A Mobile App is a software that is designed to run on a mobile device, it may be a smartphone or tablet computer. Globally market is flooded with the different type of mobile with varied technology and most dominating one are Android, IOS and Window based mobiles. As there are different technologies, developing applications for mobiles was getting quite challenging in terms of cost, effort, and marketing.
These are some of the advantages of cross-platform technologies
- Instead of writing fresh codes for every platform, developers can reuse the same code across all platforms. This also cuts down on repetitive tasks, thus eliminating drudgery.
- App development is much faster when a single script is deployed. Increased development speed, on the other hand, results in the product reaching the market sooner than before.
- Using cross-platform app development ensures that the overall look of the app can be maintained across all platforms since the same set of codes are being utilized.
The market is flooded with the different type of cross-platform technologies and to choose the right one is a big task. As we are working on cross-platform technology we can easily give you the advice to use XAMARIN cross-platform technology.
Advantages of Xamarin cross-platform technology
- Xamarin code completion is in C#, it gets benefits of native UI and access to specific features and its performance is same as native. As code sharing across platform is easy with Xamarin so development cycle time is reduced considerably.
- In Xamarin developer share around 70% of the code of operating systems, saving the valuable time required in recording. This gives little chance for bugs to creep in system.
- Xamarin binds the same API and UI controls that are used in IOS, Android, and Mac apps. Xamrin code can be shared between IOS, Android and Windows using portable class libraries and appropriate application architecture. Xamarin unique binding technology enables them to provide support for new features as soon as they are introduced in the device operation system.
- Xamarin component store provides free or paid components, UI control, third-party web services, cross-platform libraries with just a few lines of code.
- C# treats simple data types as objects, it helps to eliminate type error without the need for boilerplate or verbose annotations. The simple syntax is great to work with as use of pointer and headers is eliminated.
The rich features and the resulting benefits of Xamarin all point towards flawless cross-platform native applications.